Careers at Simply Sports Cars
If you have ever had dreams of working in the automotive industry and doing a mix of vehicle servicing, modifications and track day or tarmac rally events then this is the car dealership in Australia to come and work. No two days are the same with a mix of workshop and trackside hands on event activities all year round.
Work for a sports car dealership in Australia
Simply Sports Cars is focussed on selling sports cars from the Lotus and KTM brands in Australia. We are a dynamic, hands-on team, that is run by race engineers where we spend just as much time at racing circuits or targa tarmac rally stages as we do at our dealerships in Sydney or Melbourne.
We are the only Australian sports car dealership that is staffed by a team of people that includes experienced race engineers, software technicians, designers & passionate driving enthusiasts. We don’t apologise for not wearing ties as our philosophy is all about creating a lifestyle for the owners of Elise, Exige, Evora and X-BOW sports cars that enables them to enjoy their sports cars all year round.
We design our own vehicle upgrades, provide authorised motor vehicle repair services, do log book servicing, performance modifications all the way through to running track day events and other driving experiences.
Working at Simply Sports Cars is not like a standard car dealership – we live, breath and eat sports car performance driving. If you think you have what it takes and have something to offer the team then send us your resume
Title: Service Advisor
A unique opportunity to experience the passion and thrills of the Lotus community. If you are passionate about Lotus cars and are looking for a Service Advisor role that goes beyond that found in mainstream dealerships, this could be the role for you.
Simply Sports Cars is the importer of Lotus cars into Australia as well as the authorised dealer in Sydney and Melbourne. More than a traditional dealership, we underpin the Lotus community in Australia with a broad range of upgrade options and a rich suite of events that include our iconic Bathurst track day, Targa Tasmania and Lotus Driving Academy to name a few.
Essential to our engagement with the Lotus community is the role of our Service Advisor.
As the primary contact for our Lotus customers, you will be the important conduit between our experienced technical team and the customer themselves.
Key duties include:
- Being the principal contact person for customers in relation to service and upgrade work
- Management of insurance claims including liaison with insurance assessors
- Management of the workshop schedule to ensure optimum workload
- Liaise with technicians to ensure jobs are completed accurately and on time
- Liaise with parts team to ensure service and upgrade parts remain at stock levels commensurate with demand.
- Liaise with accounts team in relation to outstanding customer and supplier invoices
- Attend events (such as track days and promotional evenings) as part of the SSC team providing customer support
- Manage service and upgrade bookings in our service management system
To be successful in this role you need:
- A passion for cars, particularly Lotus, and the lifestyle that is part of the ownership experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with customers and staff alike
- A current NSW drivers licence
- Good computer skills and an understanding of booking, scheduling and inventory systems
- Strong time management skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- A keen eye for detail for quality control
- A good understanding of what constitutes a “fair exchange of value”
- An ability to work under pressure, managing a diverse and changing workload
- An ability to manage and oversee day-to-day operations in the workshop
- A willingness to attend events that take place after hours (some evenings and weekends)
All enquiries will be treated with the strictest confidence. This is a full-time permanent position, and available for immediate start. Salary is above award, depending on skills and experience.
You must have the right to work in Sydney, no overseas applicants please.