Improve your manual gear shift feeling
We designed this replacement shift and crossgate cable to suit owners of manual 1ZZ / 2ZZ, Elise/ Exige sports cars. We wanted to improve on some aspects of the factory fitted cables to help stand up to regular use and high performance driving applications. The standard cable doesn’t have tight tolerances from the factory and over time the ball joint at the lever end as well as the fitting at the gearbox end of the cable either wears out or elongates.
- Our cable replaces both ends with high quality Teflon lined spherical rod ends.
- The plastic cable guides are replaced with brass nickel plated sleeves with dust caps to help with the axial loads on the ends of the cable.
- A slight redesign at the gearbox end sees a new larger operating rod with double protection neoprene boots.
- The cable itself has been changed to a low friction cable which reduces shift lever force and backlash in the cable.
- The cable core is also internally splined allowing for a close tolerance low friction fit with the inner cable.
- It is then covered by heat shield tube to insulate and protect the cable from the harsh conditions of the engine bay.
Various iterations of cables were trialed and tested and this version of the Simply Sports Cars shift and crossgate cable has stood up to every track and driving style it was subjected to. It is a stronger cable to cope with race conditions while having a more positive engagement feel with smoother operation.
We can ship this product anywhere in the world, it will cost between $130 and $180 to most European locations for example. The price listed is for a set of shift and cross-gate cables.