Toe adjustments make a crucial difference to three areas of performance;
- Tire wear
- Straight line stability
- Corner entry handling characteristics.
The Simply Sports cars developed Toe Link Kit upgrade makes sure the toe you set is the toe you get. Our kit includes;
- Lighter, Stronger and less compliant than the Lotus OEM kit with the inboard joints put in double shear
- Rod ends may need replacing after 5 or 6 years.
- A central cross brace made from seamless tubular stainless steel bolting to the back of the existing inboard bolts and putting the inboard toe-link arms in double shear.
- The aluminium toe-link adjuster arms have LH and RH threads and a knurled centre section to aid in adjustment during a wheel alignment. These are also designed to bend in an incident, protecting the rear sub frame.
- At either end of the aluminium linkage arms the old ball joints have been replaced by high grade spherical rose joints and pressed fittings that have been specifically designed and machined from high tensile zinc plated steel.
- Even though there are more components in our toe-link kit it weighs less at 2.3 kg compared to the 2.4 kg for the original adjustable arms from Lotus.
* Some S1’s with aftermarket exhausts or Honda conversions may not be able to fit the kit because the cross-brace will hit the exhaust. The cross-brace should sit neatly under the cat converter and up against the sub frame. Please check that you can fit a bar directly between inboard ends of the OEM toe links
** S2 Rover engine Elise’s changed from a stepped outboard fitting to a taper in 2004. Cars from VIN 4 0614 will need the kit with the taper fitting
On top of the performance and weight benefits, there have been a number of documented failures of the Lotus OEM toe link on both road and track applications. Naturally a toe link will only ever break mid corner which never ends well.
Please contact Simply Sport Cars for any clarification on fitment before ordering if you are unsure. A wheel alignment is required when a new kit is fitted.