The Simply Sports Cars designed Elise 2ZR Level 1+2 Engine Power Upgrade Kit will give your sports car around 270 horsepower to give you even more performance to match its supercar looks. One of the unique aspects of the Lotus Elise sports car is that it is fun to drive at any speed. However, few would argue that the Elise chassis is easily capable of handling much more power than the 220 horsepower in the standard 2ZR engine configuration.
Plus… most of us at Simply Sports Cars have never met a kilowatt we didn’t like, so that is why our engineering team developed our Level 2 upgrade (and to cater to all the owners who had our Level 1 upgrade, but wanted more!)
So, our 2ZR, Level 1+2 power upgrade uses the foundation of the ceramic coated exhaust manifold and cold air induction kit designed for the 245HP Level 1 Power Upgrade but adds a smaller supercharger pulley, larger fuel injectors and a revised ECU calibration to increase power levels to 270 bhp.
Key features of the full Level 1+2 Power Upgrade include;
- A smaller supercharger pulley CNC machined from billet aluminium and hard anodised for maximum durability.
- Matched 550cc injectors with new mounting hardware.
- Boost pressure increase to 12 PSI (from 10 PSI as standard).
- Exhaust manifold designed with optimal runner lengths and diameters to maximise the inherent potential of the 2ZR engine.
- Refined collector design for improved exhaust gas flow, which mates to standard downpipe and catalyst.
- Exhaust manifold manufactured from T409 stainless steel, with CNC mandrel bends and robotic welds for consistent high quality and perfect fit every time.
- Ceramic coating of exhaust manifold to reduce engine bay temperature and improve looks.
- Cold air induction kit featuring CNC machined and welded MAF sensor mount, the necessary silicone joining pieces and clamps, a lightweight aluminium pipe and HKS, high-performance filter.
- Induction kit promotes laminar flow upstream of the supercharger, improving MAF sensor accuracy and reducing airflow restriction.
- Slight reduction in weight over standard parts that are replaced.
- Reflash of the ECU with a custom tune to ensure that optimal driveability, performance and reliability are delivered.
- Power and torque improved throughout the rev range with a peak of 271bhp (vs. 220 as standard).
- A power increase of around 25% vs a standard vehicle for relatively minimal outlay.
- Improved engine responsiveness due to the lighter pulley and engine tune.
- A bit more supercharger whine from the intake, which adds to the sense of occasion while driving.
- This upgrade has a ‘stealth’ element to it, and the components, that aren’t immediately obvious to a casual observer. It means you can give your Elise a power upgrade that will be felt, but not seen.
- There is a slight increase in fuel consumption (more power needs more air and fuel).
- If are looking at the Level 1 Power Upgrade, going straight to Level 2 is more cost effective to do that rather than take two steps.
- The engine is slightly louder throughout the rev range, particularly at large throttle openings