Australian production car series championship winners
Jim Pollicina and Ryan Simpson won the closely contested 2018 Australian Production Car series in their Lotus Exige Sport 350. The championship decided came down to the final round with a battle between the Exige sports cars of Grant Denyer & Tony D’Alberto.
Simply Sports Cars built each of the Lotus Exige sports cars that contested this motorsport championship. The Simply Sports Cars dealerships also provided track side and engineering support to each of the teams competing. The series had five rounds spread across different endurance formats at race tracks in Australia
- Round One – Sandown Raceway – May 11-13 – Four x One-Hour Races
- Round Two – Queensland Raceway – July 27-29 – Two x 300km Raceway (including the Fight in the Night)
- Round Three – Winton Motor Raceway – August 31 – September 2 – Two x Two-Hour Races
- Round Four – Sydney Motorsport Park – September 21-23 – One x Four-Hour Race
- Round Five – Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit – November 2-4 – One x Six-Hour Race
In 2018 Lotus Exige Sport 350’s were eligible to compete in the Australian Production Car Series and had three teams entered with an entry list that included more than one hundred drivers in the year. The Simply Sports Cars built Lotus Exige won the series at the first attempt.
Jim / Ryan Lotus Exige – 431 points
Grant / Iain BMW M4 – 414 points
Tony / Grant Lotus Exige – 394 points
Dimitri / Lachlan Subaru WRX – 229 points
Kyle / Tony Lotus Exige – 189 points