The KTM X-Bow is finally available in Australia. It has taken nearly 3 years for the Simply Sports Car crew to work with the various industry regulations and requirements under the Low Volume Import Scheme to achieve approval to have a KTM X-Bow road registered in Australia.
The X-Bow is a truly unique sports car combining race car technology into a sports car you can use on the road. Stunning looks with exhilerating handling & performance the X-Bow is a design masterpiece, the first mass produced sports car made with a carbon composite chassis. At less than 800kg’s its nearly half the weight of most performance cars with a balistic power to weight ratio and superb aerodynamic performance.
It’s pure – no traction control, no ABS, no brake booster assistance, no windscreen, no stereo – its about driving.
– Fully road registrable in Australia, drive to and from the race track.
– All X-BOW’s sold with a helmet although they are not mandatory for road driving
– Exhilarating at 60km/h or 160km/h with its purity, balance & open cockpit.
– 2 Year Unlimited kilometre warranty
– Full composite carbon fibre monocoque & aluminium space frame chassis so its light & strong.
– Fully adjustable pedal box, just pull a small lever and it slides back/forth.
– Weather resistant cockpit
– Adjustable pushrod suspension
– Four-point safety belts as used in racing
– Complies with FIA-GT & Formula 3 safety regulations
– Roll bars that can withstand up to 2.5 times the X-BOW’s weight
– Audi direct injection, turbocharged engine with charge cooling
– Almost 200 kg of downforce at 200 km/h
– 220kW @ 6300 rpm, 400Nm @ 3300 rpm
– 0-100 in 3.9 seconds
– Top speed 231km/h
– Brembo braking system, 100-0km/h in under 32.9 metres
– 8.3ltr per 100km combined fuel cycle
KTM X-BOW news stories
Channel 7 News – TV News video segment
Zen Garage – Review
Motor Magazine – Lauch story
The Motor Report.com.au – Launch story
Stuff.co.nz – Launch story