Lotus Melbourne Driving Academy
Improve your driving skills and shave seconds off your lap times by attending one of the Lotus Melbourne Driving Academy track day sessions. These personalised driving sessions give you hands on driver coaching to help you drive faster.
Advanced driver training with your Lotus
The Lotus Melbourne Driving Academy is focussed on helping you improve as a driver. We have so many successful stories of drivers taking seconds off their lap times after getting personal coaching from our team led by the experienced Mark O’Connor.
With over fifteen years experience driving Lotus race cars and managing Lotus race teams at a national level, Mark has a wealth of knowledge about what it takes to get the most from a Lotus sports car.
Using his experience as a professional racing driver you get first hand insights on how to improve your driving technique to improve lap times, be more sympathetic to your car, have greater on-track awareness and more.
- January – Monday 31st – Phillip Island
- February – Tuesday 1st – Phillip Island
- March – Friday 4th – Sandown
- April – Thursday 7th – Broadford
- April – 24th – 30th – Targa Tasmania
- June – Monday 6th – Phillip Island
- June – Tuesday 7th – Phillip Island
- July – Monday 18th – Broadford
- July – Sunday 24th & 25th- The Bend (SA)
- August – Monday 8th – Sandown
- September – Wednesday 28th – Phillip Island
- November – Monday 7th – Phillip Island (just before Targa)
- November – Friday 25th – Broadford
WHAT MAKES THIS EVENT UNIQUE?
- Personal driver coaching.
- Tailored driver training program (if attending multiple days)
- Pit garage support with our vehicle technicians.
- Data analysis options available.
- Open and inclusive for any Lotus owner either new or used vehicle.
- Suitable for beginner or experienced drivers.
- Event entry
- Track support from Lotus technicians & race engineers
- 6 x 20 minute on track sessions
- Minimum of 2 In-Car coaching sessions from a driving instructor
- Session debriefs & theory with experienced Lotus engineers
- Low track densities (max 12 cars per session)
- Access to Lotus Pit Garage
- Access to Driver’s Lounge
- Catered Lunch
- Barista coffee, smoothies & light refreshments
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
The majority of track day participants use their road registered Lotus Exige, Elise or Evora that are driven to each event. Some owners will opt to have their vehicle transported on a trailer but essentially you need a Lotus vehicle and appropriate track license to be involved.
- Drivers must hold a current driver’s licence
- An ADR-compliant helmet must be worn at all times whilst on the circui
- Clothing must be non-synthetic and cover ‘neck to wrist to ankles’
- Appropriate covered footwear
- Vehicles must be road registered and in roadworthy condition prior to entering the circuit
- Drivers must complete and sign the orgainiser’s disclaimer documentation
HOW DOES THE DAY RUN?
- On the day each vehicle is checked, each driver registers & attends a driver briefing session.
- After that each group takes their turn on track with debrief sessions in between.
Phillip Island $890
Broadford $575 (TBC)
The Bend $1,000 (TBC)
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR DRIVING EXPERIENCES
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
– Arrival at track
– Driver’s Briefing
– All Drivers are split into their groups for the sessions to begin
– A mix of solo and on-board coaching sessions
– Driver debrief session
– Normal duration is from 8:00am and should be finished by 4:00pm.
Yes, we bring our Mechanic & Engineering Crew to the track to provide support and assistance during the day. Its like having your own factory backed race team at hand.
Yes and entry is free.