Lotus Exige Tarmac Rally Car Builds
About this vehicle for sale
BUY A CAR FOR TARMAC RALLY EVENTS
We sell both new and used sports cars that can be used for tarmac targa rally events like Targa Tasmania, Targa High Country or Targa Great Barrier Reef. Our car dealership can also help you participate in those events as we organise all the logistics, event preparation and help during the rally as well.
LOTUS SPORTS CARS ARE TARGA RALLY WINNERS
Many drivers have won a tarmac targa rally stage, class or event over the years driving either a Lotus Elise or Lotus Exige sports car. Drivers like Paul Stokell, Jeffrey Morton, Martin Duursma, Steve Sher, Mitch Ringuet and Peter Taylor have all been winners at Targa Rally events in Australia in recent years.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
Anyone can participate in a tarmac targa rally, there is no experience required. There is the Lotus Tour which is a spirited drive on the closed competition roads and only needs a road registered vehicle. There are also separate competitive classes called TSD, GT Sports Trophy & GT2 so there is something to suit everyone.
We regularly have father and son combos, husband plus wife or even best mates to share the driving duties at a tarmac targa rally event. Learn more here
LOTUS EXIGE TARGA RALLY CAR – 289 kW / tonne
A Lotus Exige makes an ideal tarmac rally targa car with a high-performance 3.5-litre supercharged and water to air charge cooled V6 engine combined with a dry weight of just 1,054 kg (lightest possible dry) that delivers a class-leading power to weight ratio of 289 kW / tonne. In comparison a 2020 Ford Mustang weighs 1,770 kgs, so nearly 2 tonnes. Therefore an Exige is lighter and faster than most other sports cars with the engine producing 305 kW (410 hp) at 7,000 rpm and 420 Nm (310 lbft) on tap from 3,000 rpm to 7000 rpm.
It also has lightweight front clam panel incorporating wider grilles, air curtains and front splitter, the Exige Sport 410 enjoys a revised aero package capable of generating up to 150 kg of downforce. Depending on the model and spec, other typical features of an Exige can be;
- Gearbox oil cooler & baffled sump
- Lightweight single-mass low inertia flywheel with larger clutch
- Nitron 3 way adjustable dampers
- Eibach adjustable anti roll bars (front and rear)
- Ultra lightweight forged allow wheels
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres (285/30 ZR18 rear and 215/45 ZR17 front)
- AP Racing forged 4 piston calipers and high performance 2-piece J-Hook brake discs
- Carbon fibre front access panel, rear tailgate and wing
- Alcantara interior trim & steering wheel
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Electronic Brake Distribution [EBD]
- Lotus/Bosch tuned ABS system
- Lotus Dynamic Performance Management (Lotus DPM) – providing 4 drives modes (Tour, Sport, Race and TC Off)
- Fully independent double wishbone suspension
- Ultra-rigid, lightweight, bonded extruded aluminium chassis
- Air conditioning
TARGA RALLY CAR OR TRACK DAY CAR
Our dealership can help you get your standard road registered Lotus Elise or Lotus Exige prepared to do your first targa rally or take things to the next level with a full targa rally car build with roll cage, harness, intercoms and more. We can also help you with setting up your vehicle build to be suitable for use as a Track Day Car as well. Our in-house engineering team has over 20 years experience helping drivers get the best out of their cars for track, motorsport or rally.
Pricing will vary depending on which state the vehicle is purchased and the final specification.